Here is the weekly GK update from 3rd Feb to 9th Feb 2019 in MCQ format. These are important for all govt. exam.
Que. Mega Foundation Stone For Various Development Projects laid by Prime minister – Narendra Modi in Leh
Ans. * Terminal Building at Leh Airport
* 9-megawatt Dah hydroelectric project
* The 220 KiloVolt Srinagar-Alusteng-Drass-Kargil-Leh transmission system.
* Mr. Modi also launched the University of Ladakh, the first-ever in the state’s region.
* He inaugurated and laid the foundation stones of various projects, including two new All India Institute of Medical Sciences and 624 MW Kiru Hydroelectric project in Kishtwar.
* Total of nearly 12,000 crore rupees
Que. Who inaugurated ‘ICT Academy Bridge 2019’ Conference in Tamil Nadu
Ans. Dr. M. Manikandan, Minister for Information Technology of Tamil Nadu
* Witnessed more than 1,000 participants from government, industry, and academia.
* The theme of ‘ICT Academy Bridge 2019’ Conference in Tamil Nadu “Fostering India for Industry 4.0”.
Que. Who has inaugurated India-Monaco Business Forum Held in New Delhi
Ans. Suresh Prabhu, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation
* Bilateral trade between India and Monaco in 2017-18 was USD 3.01 million, and there is immense potential to scale up the bilateral trade between the two nations. Monaco is ranked 106th among foreign direct investor in India (from April 2000 to June 2018) with USD 2.51 million FDI equity inflow.
Que. Ministry of Coal of India Signed a MoU With Ministry of Energy of _________
Ans. The Republic of Poland.
* The MoU has been signed between Sh. Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary, Minister of State for Coal and Mines and Mr. Grzegorz Tobiszowski, Secretary of State, Ministry of Energy, Republic of Poland.
Que. The Kala Ghoda festival, India’s largest multi-cultural street festival begins in ________ celebrate its 20 years of art and culture through cinema, theatre, dance, literature, and sculpture
* Chairman of Kala Ghoda Association – Maneck Davar
Que. The 6-day long music and dance festival ‘Sopan 2019’ Held At ________ to encourage young artists to take up traditional art
Ans. New Delhi.
* Organised by Sahitya Kala Parishad and the New Delhi government, in partnership with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
Que. which State Becomes 1st State To Set Up Price Monitoring And Research Unit(PMRU) to track violation of prices of essential drugs and medical devices under the Drugs Price Control Order (DPCO).
Que. _________ an initiative of Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA), aims to extend the outreach of Deendayal Antyodaya Mission Launched Across The Country
Ans. Shehri Samridhi Utsav
* Minister of State (I/C) of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs – Hardeep Singh Puri
Que. ISRO Sets Up Human Space Flight Centre for Gaganyaan Mission in ________
* The space flight centre was inaugurated by K Kasturirangan, former ISRO Chairman.
* ISRO Director: K. Sivan, Headquarters: Bengaluru, Established in 1969.
Que. Two regional rural banks (RRBs To Be Merged To Form Tamil Nadu Grama Bank, name them
Ans. Pallavan Grama Bank and Pandyan Grama
* The integration will be effective from April 1.
Que. Who Launches Highway Projects of three major highway projects with an investment worth Rs 2,345 crores in Odisha.
Ans. The Union Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari
* The three national highway projects will have a total length of 132 km.
Que. Who is the CEO of PM-JAY Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) App which was launched in the year 2018, under the Ayushman Bharat Mission of MoHFW in the country?
Ans. Indu Bhushan
Que. Which Government Constitutes 5 Member Committee To Promote Dairy Farming
Ans. Punjab, Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh announced
Que. In how many categories President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for the year 2017?
Ans. Five categories, at a special function held at the Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi
Que. National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) of India has been selected as Winner under _________
Ans. The Miniratna Category (Category II) by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
* Their exemplary work towards promotion of SC/ST entrepreneurs.
Que. How much Money, RBI Slaps Penalty on Syndicate Bank and Axis Bank for violating norms?
Ans. Rs1-crore penalty on Syndicate Bank and Rs20 lakh on Axis Bank
Que. ISRO launches India’s 40th communication satellite GSAT-31 has been launched successfully From ________
Ans. French Guiana
*ISRO Director: K. Sivan, Headquarters: Bengaluru, Established in 1969.
Que. India And Germany Join Hands On Water And Waste Management During the meeting of ________
Ans. 3rd Indo-German Working Group, in New Delhi
* Germany Capital: Berlin, Currency: Euro, Chancellor: Angela Merkel
Que. Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister for petroleum and natural gas, inaugurated the 2019 Asia LPG summit in
Ans. New Delhi
* The summit has been organized jointly by the major Indian oil marketing companies (OMCs) Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum and Bharat Petroleum together with the World LPG Association (WLPGA) at the Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi.
* This is the second edition of the Asia LPG Summit
* First summit held in 2017
Que. Indian Coast Guard and ________ signed a Memorandum of Understanding at Coast Guard Regional Headquarters in Port Blair for coordination in the aeronautical and maritime search and rescue operations
Ans. the Airport Authority of India (AAI)
* In the presence of Inspector General Maneesh Vishal Pathak, Commander Coast Guard Region (Andaman and Nicobar Islands).
Que. ‘Darwaza Band Part 2’ Campaign Launched by ________
Ans. Swatch Bharat Mission Grameen
* Earlier Darwaza Band campaign was launched in 2017.
* The campaign launched by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in Mumbai in the presence of actor Amitabh Bachchan.
Que. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given the following set of approvals: 07th February 2019
Ans. MoU between India and Malaysia for Mutual Cooperation in the field of Company Secretaryship.
* MoU between India and Election Management Bodies of Namibia and Panama. etc
Que. 2nd Joint Secretary Level Meeting To Review India-Nepal Trade Treaty begun in _______
Ans. Pokhara, Nepal
Que. IBA Issued Advisory To Waive Off Various Charges for ____________
Ans. Kisan Credit Card
Que. RBI has released 6th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement: Repo Rate Reduced to ________
Ans. 6.25%, which is previously 6.5%
* Inflation in the fuel and light group fell from 8.5% in October to 4.5% in December
* Retail inflation declined from 3.4% in October 2018 to 2.2% in December, the lowest point in the last eighteen months.
* CPI inflation excluding food and fuel decelerated to 5.6% in December from 6.2% in October.
Que. Fino Payments Bank (FPB) has announced the launch of a sweep account facility in association with _______
Ans. Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SSFB).
* This partnership will help FPB address the issue of deposit limits that all the payment banks face at the moment.
* As per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), payment banks can only take deposits up to Rs1 lakh per account.
* Fino Payments Bank Registered Office: Mumbai, MD & CEO: Rishi Gupta.
* Suryoday Small Finance Bank Headquarter: Navi Mumbai, CEO & MD: R Baskar Babu.
Que. Which state Tops In Budgetary Practices Followed By States: Transparency International
Que. Who has been honored with the ‘Freedom of the City Of London’ by the city of London Corporation in recognition of his contribution to promoting the bilateral relations?
Ans. The State Bank of India’s Uk chief Mr. Sanjiv Chadha
Que. Who has signed MoU with Competition Commission of India (CCI) For Fair Environment In e-Marketplace
Ans. Government e Marketplace (GeM)
* Chairman CCI – A.K. Gupta,
* CEO GeM – S. Radha Chauhan
Que. Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) organized Parmanu Tech 2019 to discuss Nuclear Energy and Radiation Technologies, the Conference Held In _______
Ans. New Delhi
* The main motive of this conference is to showcase India’s capabilities in Nuclear Energy with environmental responsibility. Dr. Jitendra Singh delivered the keynote address at the conference
Que. Actor Vijay Sethupathi launched the mobile App ‘DigiCop’ of the Chennai police department at the Commissioner’s office
* Using the App, people can track the status of stolen two-wheelers and cell phones, know the nearest police station, police news, and traffic alerts.
Que. 5th India-Bangladesh Joint Consultative Committee Meet Held in ______
Ans. New Delhi
* It is the first high-level visit from Bangladesh since Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s victory in the parliamentary elections in December 2018.
Que. Who has been conferred France’s Highest Civilian Honour?
Ans. Father Francois Laborde, a 92-year-old priest, was conferred the (Legion of Honour), the highest civilian award of France, in recognition of his work for specially-abled children.
Que. Who was the Longest-Serving US Congressman in US history, who Passes Away recently
Ans. John Dingell, aged 92.
* He was first elected in 1955, serving in the House of Representatives for the next 59 years.
* He retired in 2015. Mr. Dingell served through the terms of 11 US presidents.
Que. India And Bangladesh Signed MoU for Training 1800 Bangladesh Civil Servants, The MOU was signed between _________
Ans. the NCGG and the Ministry of Public Administration
Que. India To Host 13th Conference of Parties of Convention On Conservation of Migratory Species which is going to be hosted during
Ans. 15th to 22nd February 2020 at Gandhinagar in Gujarat
* India has been a Party to the CMS since 1983.
* India has also signed non-legally binding MOU with CMS on the conservation and management of Siberian Cranes (1998), Marine Turtles (2007), Dugongs (2008) and Raptors (2016).
Que. Jammu and Kashmir now has 3 division, name the recently created Division
Ans. Ladakh as 3rd Division in the state.
* Routine administrative clearances for Leh and Kargil can be obtained at Divisional headquarters in Leh. Apart from that, the new Division also brings opportunities for employment of different levels in various departments for the locals.
Que. Union Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani launched the India Size project in _______
* A first-of-its-kind project in the history of the country, India Size aims to arrive at a standard Indian Size for the ready-to-wear clothing industry, on the lines of the standardized sizes available in countries such as the USA and the UK.
Que. Union Minister of State for Tourism KJ Alphons and Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the 2nd ASEAN-India Youth Summit at Hotel Taj Vivanta Held in _________
* Over 100 youth delegates from Vietnam, Laos, Brunei, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, and Indonesia took part in the summit tag-lined Connectivity: Pathway to Shared Prosperity
Que. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) announced that it has signed a pact with Invest India to promote ________
Ans. Foreign Investment
Que. How much fine, RBI Slaps on SBI for not monitoring the end use of funds in respect of one of its borrowers?
Ans. Fine of Rs 1 crore
Que. RBI Raised Collateral-Free Farm Loan Limit From Rs. 1 Lakh to _______ to help small and marginal farmers
Ans. Rs. 1.6 Lakh
Que. Oscar-nominated British Actor Albert Finney Passes Away at the age of 82. How many times he was nominated for the oscar
Ans. 5 times
Ranks and Reports
Que. How much growth has been registered in India’s Tourism Sector In 2018?
* Union Tourism Minister KJ Alphons has announced that the country’s tourism sector fetched revenue of 234 billion US Dollar in 2018, registering a growth of over 19%. This revenue was contributed by 87% domestic and 13% foreign tourists.
* He made the announcement at the 2nd ASEAN-India Youth Summit in Guwahati. The country is ranked third in the tourism sector, according to the 2018 report of the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC).
Que. Who launched the “The Future of Rail” report of the International Energy Agency (IEA).
Ans. Minister of Railways, Piyush Goyal
* The report reviews the impact of existing plans and regulations on the future of rail and explores the policies that could help to realize an enhanced future of the railways.
Que. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has bought a 14% stake in micro-financier named as
Ans. Annapurna Finance, Rs 137 crore
* Asian Development Bank Headquarters: Manila, Philippines, President: Takehiko Nakao.
Que. Which state tops Tops In Budgetary Practices Followed By States: Transparency International
* The states which figured lower in the ranking were Meghalaya, Manipur, and Punjab.
Que. India’s rank On International Intellectual Property (IP) Index 2019
* International Intellectual Property (IP) Index analyses the IP climate in 50 global economies. The US, the UK, Sweden, France, and Germany remained the top five economies on the intellectual property index in 2019
Click Here: Padma Awards 2019 Pdf
Que. Who was appointed as the new chief of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
Ans. Kumar Shukla, 1983 batch IPS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, He will be serving for a fixed term of two years.
Que. Who was the Former Law Minister of Nepal, Who has been Appointed Country’s Ambassador to India?
Ans. Nilambar Acharya
* The position of Nepalese ambassador to India was lying vacant after Deep Kumar Upadhyay resigned in October 2017 to join politics.
Que. Nepal’s central bank is called as _____
Ans. Nepal Rashtra Bank,
* It was established in 1956 under the Nepal Rashtra Bank Act 1955.
* Dr. Chiranjibi Nepal is the Governor of Nepal Rashtra Bank.
Que. Who has become the first woman CEO of the Corporation Bank
Ans. P V Bharathi
Que. Who has been Appointed as the Civil Aviation Secretary?
Ans. Air India Chairperson – Pradeep Singh Kharola
Que. Who Becomes 1st Asian Woman To Play 100 T20Is?
Ans. Sana Mir, Former captain of the Pakistan women
Que. Who won the fourth edition of the Pro Wrestling League (PWL) by Beating Defending Champions Punjab Royals?
Ans. Haryana Hammers won by 6-3 in the summit clash at the Gautam Buddha University indoor stadium, Greater Noida.
Que. Who became the World No.1 Women’s ODI Batter as per the latest rankings released by the ICC
Ans. Indian women’s cricket team opener Smriti Mandhana
Que. Who won the Seattle Open?
Ans. Ramit Tandon, Indian squash player at PSA challenger squash Tour event
Que. Which Indian women cricketer Scores India’s Fastest-ever T20I Fifty?
Ans. Smriti Mandhana, Indian opener
* In just 24 balls
*New Zealand’s Sophie Devine holds the record of the quickest half-century in 18-ball in 2005
Que. Which Indian Weightlifter notched up a gold medal at the EGAT Cup in Thailand
Ans. Mirabai Chanu
Que. World Cancer Day is being observed globally on ___________
Ans. 4th February
* Theme of this year: “I Am and I Will.”
* Union for International Cancer Control Headquarters in: Geneva, Switzerland, Founded: 1933.
Que. Macedonia Signs Accord To Join NATO to become the ____ member of the US-led alliance
* Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov
* Macedonia Capital: Skopje, Currency: Macedonian Denar.
Que. The India Pavilion at the Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale) 2019 was inaugurated by ________
Ans. Mr. Matthijis Wouter Knol, Director of European Film Market (EFM).