There are some GK updates of 28th January 2019. These are important for RRB JE, SSC JE, State level Exams and all Govt Exams :
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi reduced GST on Haj from 18% to 5 %. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi is Union Minister for Minority Affairs.
2. Jiban Sampark Project has announced by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. This Project is a partnership with UNICEF India. It generates awareness about the development & welfare initiatives of state government among the particularly vulnerable Tribal Groups of the state.
The Chief Minister Patnaik inaugurated the annual tribal fair i.e. known as “Adivasi Mela”.
3. The 1st Tulip Garden of Uttarakhand is in Pithoragarh district. The cost of this garden is Rs. 50 crore over the 50 hectares of forest land.
4. The union minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated a 5.1 km long cable-stayed “Atal Setu” on the Mandovi River in Goa. This bridge connects the state capital with North Goa.
Union Ayush Minister – Shripad Naik
5. Who is re-appointed Regional Director of WHO South East India:- Poonam Khetrapal
6. Who Won the New South Wales Men’s Amateur Golf Championship in Australia?
– Kartik Sharma (he defeated Australia’s Nathan Barberie).
7. Data Protection Day is celebrated every year on 28th Jan that was launched by the Council of Europe. Globally it is called as Data Privacy Day outside Europe.
8. Now, India is the 2nd largest crude steel producing country. Japan is replaced by India and China is the 1st largest crude steel producing country.
9. Who appoints 1st ever female Hindu Civil Judge in Pakistan– Suman Kumari.
The 1st Hindu judge was Rana Bhagwandas in periods from 2005 to 2007.
10. India has signed a protocol with China for Exports of Indian Tobacco leaves.
11. The Former Defence Minister George Fernandes passed away at the age of 88 in the Delhi. He was Railways Minister at the time of VP Singh’s government and also he was Rajya Sabha MP between August 2009 and July 2010.