Here are the weekly current affairs from 17th Feb to 28th Feb 2019. These are important for all latest govt exams like Railway, Banking, SSC etc.
Que. Where will be India’s First District Cooling System To Be Built?
* United Arab Emirates (UAE) based international cooling provider, National Central Cooling Company PJSC (Tabreed) entered into a 30-year concession with Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA) to build India’s first district cooling system in Amaravati.
Que. Indian Air Force (IAF) Carried Out ‘Vayu Shakti’ Exercise At ________________
* For the first time, the Advanced Light Helicopter (ALP) and the Akash surface-to-air missile were deployed in the military exercise. MiG-29 fighter jet also participated in the exercise.
Que. 4th Agri Leadership Summit 2019 Held At _____________
Ans. Sonipat, Haryana
* Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh, inaugurated the 4th Agri Leadership Summit 2019 at the India International Horticulture Market (IIHM) in Ganaur, Sonipat district, Haryana. It was a 3-day summit.
* The theme of the summit was “Entrepreneurship & Agri-Business; Agri Allied – A Promising Sector and Agri Service- Direct Marketing”.
Que. The 40th International Annual Desert Festival held In ______________
* It had interesting events like Mr. Desert and Ms. Moomal competitions, mustache competitions, turban tying, musical and cultural performances, among others. Folk artists also gave their enthralling performance.
Que. Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma inaugurated India’s very first ‘Fulldome 3D Digital Theatre’ at the Science City in _____________
Ans. Kolkata, West Bengal.
Que. What is the Pan-India Number for Women Safety launched by Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi?
Que. Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, launched SWAYATT in _________
Ans. New Delhi.
* SWAYATT is an initiative to promote Start-ups, Women and Youth Advantage Through eTransactions on Government e Marketplace (GeM).
Que. A tele-law mobile application, which was launched by the Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
Ans. ‘Nyaya Bandhu’
* The application will benefit 73,000 paralegal volunteers (PLVs) of National Legal Service Authority and State Legal Services Authorities (SLSA) in the country who will be associated under Tele-Law service.
Que. ‘KALIA Chhatra Bruti’ scholarship for the children of farmers benefited under the KALIA scheme was launched by the Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in ______________
Ans. Bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
* It aims at providing financial assistance for technical and professional education to farmers’ children by creating a provision for the State government to bear all expenses involved in various levels of education.
Que. A regional conference on ‘Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS)’ was organized in ________
Ans. Kolkata, West Bengal.
* DDRS is a scheme implemented by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
* DDRS was established in 1999 by the Government of India. It is a central government scheme.
Que. Heeralal Samariya, Secretary, Ministry of Labour and Employment inaugurated the three days Conference on the VISION ZERO and its relevance to Occupational Safety and Health was held in ___________
Que.The 8th World CSR Congress 2019 was Held in _______________
Ans. Mumbai, Maharashtra
* World Corporate Social Responsibility Congress (World CSR Congress 2019) promotes Entrepreneurship, Social Responsibility, Sustainability, and Social Development.
* The theme of the year 2019 is ‘Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs)’ to focus on corporate strategies, innovation, and strategic alliances. Dr. Soumitro Chakraborty won ‘CEO of the year’ award.
Que. The 4th India-ASEAN Expo and Summit started in ____________
Ans. New Delhi.
* This is a flagship event of Department of Commerce, being organized with FICCI to carry forward the momentum and to further strengthen India-ASEAN relations under the Act-East Policy.
Que. ‘Operation Digital Board’ launched by government To Boost Quality Education by ____________
Ans. The Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Prakash Javadekar
Que. Tripura’s first mega food park named Sikaria Mega Food Park Pvt Ltd at _____________
Ans. Village Tulakona in Agartala by Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries, Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
Que. Which state becomes the “1st State To Deploy Dog Squad To Check Liquor Smuggling”
Que. Which state becomes the 1st State in Mainland to Get 2 Coast Guard Districts
Ans. Tamil Nadu – Thoothukudi.
* The first district headquarters in Chennai.
* The Thoothukudi district headquarters has been set up with an aim to augment security mechanism on the eastern coast and the state in particular.
Que. Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated a new National War Memorial in
Ans.India Gate complex in New Delhi
* The National War Memorial, spread over 40 acres in the India Gate complex behind the canopy, is dedicated to soldiers killed during the Indo-China War in 1962, Indo-Pak Wars in 1947, 1965 and 1971, Indian Peace Keeping Force Operations in Sri Lanka and in the Kargil Conflict in 1999, and also those in the UN peacekeeping missions.
Que. Name the scheme launched by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath that guarantees 100 days of employment every year to urban youth from economically weaker sections.
Ans. ‘Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana’
* Under the scheme, Rs 4,000 stipend per month during 100 days period, would be given to the youth and they will also be given skill development training in order to become independent. (Only those youths, whose family’s annual income is less than Rs 2 lakh and who are in the age group of 21-30 years, are eligible for the scheme).
Que. JP Nadda has inaugurated the ‘4th Global Digital Health Partnership Summit’ in ______________
Ans. New Delhi
* It was hosted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Global Digital Health Partnership (GDHP).
Que. West Bengal Education Minister Partha Chatterjee inaugurated a web portal, which is set to provide real-time data on state-run and aided schools, name it
Ans. ‘Banglar Shiksha’
Que. 8th edition joint military exercise ‘Sampriti 2019’ is hosted between which countries?
Ans. India and Bangladesh
Que. The Passport Index of 2019: India’s Rank according to the UNDP HDI index?
* UAE has topped the index.
Que. India has ranked ___________ in the overall ‘Inclusive Internet Index 2019’
* It was prepared by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) for Facebook.
* Sweden has topped the chart
Que. The 16th edition of BioAsia 2019 Asia’s largest biotechnology and life-sciences forum was held in ___________
Ans. Hyderabad, Telangana
* It was inaugurated by the Governor of Telangana “E.S.L Narasimhan”
* The theme of the conference was ‘Life Sciences 4.0 – Disrupt the Disruption’
Que. The theme of ‘Aviation Conclave 2019’ Organised By Civil Aviation Ministry
Ans. Flying for all
Que. Who has become The First Indian Woman Flight Engineer of the Indian Air Force(IAF)?
Ans. Flight Lieutenant Hina Jaiswal from Chandigarh
Que. Which has Became the First US Bank With Cryptocurrency
Ans. JP Morgan
* The currency is designed to be decentralized so that no one has control over transactions being sent over the network.
Que. Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani unveiled the first Iranian made semi-heavy submarine named _________
Ans. ‘Fateh’ (‘Conqueror’ in Persian)
* It has subsurface-to-surface missiles with a range of about 2,000 km (1,250 miles) and is capable of reaching Israel and U.S. military bases in the region.
Que. A month-long ‘Festival of India’ began in _____________, to familiarise the new generation of the country about the similarities between the two countries.
Ans. In Kathmandu, Nepal
* Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Rabindra Adhikari and Indian Ambassador to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri jointly inaugurated the event.th its robotic arm and is equipped with 5 night-vision cameras to relay the scenario underneath.
Que. Which Mammal Becomes World’s First Mammal To go extinct due to “human-induced climate change”.
Ans. A small brown rat
Que. Which Nation became the 73rd nation to sign the International Solar Alliance?
Ans. Saudi Arabia
Que. Name the World’s Largest Bee which was Spotted for the First Time Since 1981?
Ans. Wallace’s giant bee (Wallace Bee)
* The largest bee knew on the Earth which was considered to be extinct since 1981 was re-spotted in an Indonesian forest.
* Scientists spotted a female bee of the species Megachile pluto and its size is four times the size of the typical European honeybee and has a wingspan of 2.5 inches.
Que. Which Non-Muslim Country has been invited to the OIC conference for 1st Time in Abu Dhabi?
* This is the first time that a leader of the non-Muslim country
* External Affairs Minister Mrs. Sushma Swaraj will be the Guest of Honour and address the inaugural plenary of the 46th Session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of OIC on the 1st and 2nd of March.
Que. Cobra Gold Military Exercises Held between which countries
Ans. Thailand and the United States
Que. Who has been awarded the First Ever Football Ratna Award?
Ans. Sunil Chhetri
* All-time leading scorer for India in international football, has been conferred the first ever Football Ratna honor by Football Delhi, the association governing the sport in Delhi.
* He is popularly known as Captain Fantastic. He has scored the 2nd highest number of goals in international matches among active players after Cristiano Ronaldo.
Que. De Goede, Van Doren is related to which game?
* De Goede, Van Doren Win 2018 FIH Player Of The Year Awards
* Eva de Goede from Netherlands and Arthur van Doren of Belgium were titled the International Hockey Federation’s Players of the Year for 2018.
* Eva de Goede, 29, was named the Female Player of the Year and Arthur van Doren, 24, won the Male Player of the Year award for the second year in a row.
Que. Who has recently wins the International Human Rights Prize?
Ans. A Sudanese refugee, Abdul Aziz Muhamat
* He spent 5 years in the Australian detention centre on Manus Island in Papua New Guinea, was given the Martin Ennals Award 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland, for exposing “the very cruel asylum seeker policy of the Australian Government”.
Que. Mallakhamb coach, Uday Deshpande, and batswoman, Smriti Mandhana, were awarded, which award?
Ans. Shiv Chhatrapati Awards,
* Given by the State’s Governor C. Vidyasagar Rao at an event held at the Gateway of India, Mumbai.
* Among the other award recipients are hockey player Suraj Karkera, paddler Sanil Shetty, track and field athlete Siddhant Thingaliya, who specializes in 110 meters hurdles, runner Monika Athare and squash player Mahesh Mangaonkar.
Que. PM Narendra Modi Conferred The National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 Awards
Ans.1st position- Shweta Umre from Maharashtra.
2nd position- Anjanakshi M.S from Karnataka.
3rd position- Mamta Kumari from Bihar.
The National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 awards were given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
Que. Who has been appointed as Controller And ASG For Programme Planning, Budget, and Finance by United Nation?
Ans. Chandramouli Ramanathan
Que. Who has been appointed as The Head Of AIBA (International Boxing Association) Elite Foundation
Ans. Ajay Singh, president of the Boxing Federation of India
Que. The Supreme Court appointed a retired judge of the court Justice D.K. Jain as the first _______________
Ans. BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) Ombudsman
Business and Economy News
Que. Recently India Boosts Customs Duty To 200% On Goods Imported From which Country?
* India with immediate effect has boosted the Customs Duty on all the goods imported from Pakistan to 200% followed by the day after India repealed Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status from Pakistan.
* This 200% tariff rate is higher than the average bound rate of 113.5% for agriculture products and 34.6% for non-agriculture products. The MFN applied rates are 32.8% and 10.7%, respectively for farm and non-farm products.
Que. Government Relaxes Angel Tax Norms For Start-ups From 7 Years To _______________
Ans. 10 Years
* The Ministry of Commerce and Industry in an attempt to provide relief to and boost investments into start-ups in India has decided to simplify the process for them to get exemptions under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Que. Reserve Bank of India has signed a Bilateral Swap Arrangement (BSA) with whom?
Ans. Bank of Japan
Que. Which team in Indian Domestic Cricket history after Bombay and Karnataka to defend their Irani cup titles?
Que. Which country will host Cricket World Cup 2019?
Ans. England and Wales from 30th May till 14th July.
Que. Which country Scores Highest Ever T20 International Score in cricket?
Ans. Afghanistan, Scored 278
Que. Which Country Becomes 1st Ever Asian Team To Win Test Series In South Africa?
Ans. Sri Lanka
* Only Australia and England have defeated South Africa in a Test series at home.
Que. Indian Grandmaster Abhijeet Gupta is related to which game?
* Won Cannes International Open Trophy 2019
Que. Who has been awarded the Lifetime Achievement award at ‘Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India’ Annual Awards function?
Ans. R. Karthikeyan
* R. Karthikeyan is the father of India’s first Formula One driver Narain Karthikeyan
Books and Authors
Que. ‘Simplicity & Wisdom’ is written by which author?
Ans. Mr. Dinesh Shahra
* Book ‘Simplicity & Wisdom’ written by Dinesh Shahra was launched at Parmarth Ashram in Kumbh Mela.
Science and Technology News
Que. Infosys Unveils A Learning App For Engineering Students called as __________
* InfyTQ is a free platform available on both mobile and desktop, featured with always-on, anytime, anywhere learning catered through a continuous transfer of digital skills.
Que. The First Walking Robot To have navigational capabilities without GPS or mapping?
* It has been designed by Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) and Aix-Marseille University researchers at ISM, on lines similar to desert ants who use polarised lights and UV radiation to navigate in space.
* Weighing only 2.3 kg, this robot has six feet for increased mobility, allowing it to move in complex environments, precisely where deploying wheeled robots and drones can be complicated.
Que. Cyber Prevention Awareness and Detection (CyPAD) Centre and the National Cyber Forensic Lab (NCFL) were inaugurated by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and LG Anil Baijal in
Ans. Dwarka, New Delhi.
Que. Bandicoot, a drainage-cleaning robot, has been introduced for the first time in _____________
Ans. Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
* It is a semi-automatic robot can enter manholes for cleaning sewage lines with its robotic arm and is equipped with 5 night-vision cameras to relay the scenario underneath.
Que. Chinese news agency Xinhua unveiled the world’s first female AI news anchor ______________
Ans. Xin Xiaomeng.
* She has been developed in collaboration with Sogou Inc, a search engine company.
* Xinhua also developed Qiu Hao, the world’s first male AI news anchor at the World Internet Conference in Wuzhen held in November 2018, who is capable of mimicking human facial expressions and mannerisms while reading out news-reports.
Que. The World Day of Social Justice is celebrated annually all over the world on __________
Ans. 20 February.
* The theme for WDSJ 2019 is “If You Want Peace & Development, Work for Social Justice”.
Que. International Mother Language Day has been observed every year on ___________
Ans. 21st February
* Celebrated Since February 2000, To promote linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism.
* Theme is “Indigenous languages matter for development, peacebuilding, and reconciliation”.
Que. National Science Day is celebrated across India on ____________
Ans. February 28
*Famous Indian scientist Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman or CV Raman discovered the Raman Effect on this day in 1928. For his discovery, Sir CV Raman was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930.
* In honor of this discovery and as a mark of tribute to the scientist, National Science Day was marked for the first time on February 28, 1987.
* This year the theme for the National Science Day is ‘Science for people and people for science’.
- RBI Lifts Cap On FPI Investments In Corporate Bonds
*The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) withdrew the 20% limit on investments by FPIs in corporate bonds of an entity with a view to encouraging more foreign investments.
*As part of the review of the FPI investment in corporate debt undertaken in April 2018, it was stipulated that no FPI should have an exposure of more than 20% of its corporate bond portfolio to a single corporate (including exposure to entities related to the corporate).
- Chris Gayle Announces Retirement From One-day Internationals
*West Indian batsman Chris Gayle has announced that he will retire from One-day Internationals after the forthcoming World Cup. The 39-year old left-hander has scored 9,727 ODI runs, second only to the legendary Brian Lara among West Indians in 284 matches.
*Gayle has scored a Windies record of 23 ODI hundreds, including the first-ever World Cup double century against Zimbabwe 4 years ago.
- Best-selling British Author ‘Andrea Levy’ Passed Away
* The best-selling British author Andrea Levy, who explored the experience of Jamaican British people in a series of the novel over 20 years, has died from cancer at the age of 62.
* She was known for penning books ‘The Long Song’ and ‘Small Island’. She was conferred with Orange prize for fiction, Whitbread book of the year, Commonwealth writers prize and many more.
- Swiss Actor Bruno Ganz Passed Away
* 77 years old Swiss actor, Bruno Ganz who is famous for his role of German dictator, Adolf Hitler in the Oscar-nominated film Downfall, passed away in Zurich, Switzerland due to Colon Cancer.
* Bruno Ganz was born in 1941 and he was active in German theatre, film, and television for more than 50 years. He was honored with European Film Academy Lifetime Achievement award and David di Donatello for Best Actor.
- Israel To Launch Its First Moon Mission
* Israel is to launch its first moon mission, sending an unmanned spacecraft to collect data to be shared with NASA. According to a report, the 585-kilogram Beresheet (Genesis) spacecraft is to lift off atop a Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Florida.
* Mission control will be in Yehud, near Tel Aviv.
- Climate scientist Wallace Smith Broecker, who popularised the term “global warming” has passed away in New York
- Under ‘Make in India’ initiative, Indian Railways has created history by converting a diesel locomotive into electric locomotive for the first time in the world.
* This all-new converted energy-efficient electric locomotive has been flagged off by PM Narendra Modi in Varanasi.
- Noted Hindi writer Namvar Singh passed away in New Delhi. He was 92.
* Singh was the first chairman of JNU’s Centre of Indian Languages.
* He has authored over dozen books including ‘Kavita Ke Naye Pratiman’, ‘Chhayavad’ and ‘Dusri Parampara Ki Khoj’ among others. He received Sahitya Academy Award for literary criticism in 1971 for ‘Kavita Ke Naye Pratiman’.
- ‘Badge of Honor’ Military Novelist, William E. Butterworth III, better known as W.E.B. Griffin (his pen name) Passes Away
* American military veteran and novelist, passed away at the age of 89. He joined the army at the age of 17 and has served in the Korean War.
* He wrote more than 200 books under the pen name W.E.B. Griffin and various other names and sold millions of copies.
- Veteran Bollywood producer and father of filmmaker Sooraj Barjatya, Raj Kumar Barjatya passed away in Mumbai.
* He was popularly and affectionately known as Raj Babu and helmed several Bollywood hit films including ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’, ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’, ‘Vivah’, ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’, ‘Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon’ among others. All these films were directed by his son Sooraj
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Inaugurates ‘Waste to Wonder Park’ In Delhi
* Which houses the replicas of seven wonders of the world at South Delhi, built by the South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC).
*It is the first-of-its-kind tourist attraction in the world, with the replicas of seven wonders of the world. The replicas of all seven wonders of the world have been built with eco-friendly, self-sustainable material, and has its own solar and wind power generation.
- Which scheme to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls across the state approved by Orissa Cabinet
*The ‘Khushi’ scheme
* The scheme will benefit nearly 17.25 lakh school girls from Class VI to XII studying in government and government-aided schools.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Set Up Panel To Help Bring Down Tax Litigation
* Formed a 4-member committee, headed by income tax commissioner Sanjeev Sharma, to look into the matter of taxation related pain points and submit its final report and recommendations by mid-March.
* It will tackle the issue by addressing some current pain points and recommending some steps borrowed from international best practices.
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation has hiked interest rate on employees’ provident fund to 8.65% from 8.55% for the 2018-19 fiscal year.
* The announcement was made by Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar.
* The proposal would now go to the Finance Ministry for approvals. The Central Board of Trustees (CBT) headed by Labour Minister is the apex decision making body of the EPFO which finalizes rate of interest on PF deposits for a financial year.
- Union Minister of State (IC) for Information & Broadcasting and Youth Affairs & Sports Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore presented the 7th National Photography Awards in a function organized at National Media Centre in New Delhi.
* The theme for the Professional category was “Women-led Development”, while the theme for Amateur category was “Fairs and Festivals of India”.
* Some of the Award winners is as under:
Lifetime Achievement Award – Shri Ashok Dilwali
Professional Photographer of the Year – Shri SL Shanth Kumar
Amateur Photographer of the Year – Shri Gurdeep Dhiman
Special Mention Awards (Professional) – Shri Arun Sreedhar, Shri P.V. Sunderrao, Shri Kailash Mittal, Shri Mihir Singh, Ms. Ranita Roy.
Special Mention Awards (Amateur) – Shri V. Ravi Kumar, Ms. S. Neelima, Shri Manish Jaisi, Shri Mahesh Balasaheb Lonkar, Shri Avijit Datta.
- Laureus World Sports Awards 2019 Announced
* The Laureus World Sports Award for Sportsman of the Year is an annual award honoring the achievements of individual men from the world of sports.
* Novak Djokovic was named World Sportsman of the Year and United State gymnast Simone Biles was named Sportswoman of the Year at the 2019 Laureus World Sports Awards, while Tiger Woods won the World Comeback of the Year award.
- The Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry launched Operation Digital Board to provide better digital education in school.
- President Ram Nath Kovind Promulgates 4 Ordinances, These are:
- The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Second Ordinance has been promulgated to give continued effect to the provisions brought in by the earlier ordinance. This Ordinance declares the practice of instant triple talaq to be void and illegal and also to make it an offense punishable with imprisonment up to three years and fine.
- The Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Second Ordinance has been promulgated to give continued effect to the work already done by the Board of Governors as per the provisions of earlier Ordinance.
- The Companies (Amendment) Second Ordinance, has been promulgated with a view, to empower the Central Government to allow certain companies to have a different financial year instead of as determined by the Tribunal.
- The Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Ordinance has been promulgated to have central legislation to tackle the menace of illicit deposits taking activities in the country.
- BEL Signs Teaming Agreement With Hughes India for Helicopter SATCOM Solutions
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the launch of ‘Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan’ (KUSUM Yojana) with the objective of providing financial and water security to farmers. The Central Government will provide total financial support of Rs 34,422 crore for the scheme. Three components of the scheme are: Component-A: 10,000 MW of Decentralised Ground Mounted Grid Connected Renewable Power Plants. Component-B: Installation of 17.50 lakh standalone Solar Powered Agriculture Pumps.Component-C: Solarisation of 10 Lakh Grid-connected Solar Powered Agriculture Pumps.
- Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched Scheme for Adolescent girls (SAG). The scheme focuses on girls aged between 11 to 14 years who have left studies and will take steps for proper nutrition and special care for them.
*The state government also decided to observe Adolescent girls day on 8th of every month at Anganwadi centres across the state.
- ‘Gandhi Peace Prize’ distributed by President Ram Nath Kovind for 2015, 16, 17 and 18 at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
1. For 2015: Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari was given the award for its contribution in Rural Development, Education and Development of natural resources.2. For 2016: Jointly to Akshaya Patra Foundation for its contribution in providing mid-day meals to millions of children across India and Sulabh International for its contribution in improving the condition of sanitation in India and emancipation of manual scavengers.
3. For 2017: Ekal Abhiyan Trust for its contribution in providing Education for Rural and Tribal Children in remote areas pan India, Rural Empowerment, Gender, and Social Equality.
4. For 2018: Japan’s Yohei Sasakawa for his contribution in Leprosy Eradication in India and across the world.
- Arun Jaitley Resumes Charge As Finance Minister
* Arun Jaitley resumed charge as the finance minister after a gap of over a month, which was the second break within a year that he had to take to undergo medical treatment.
* The President of India, as advised by the prime minister, has directed to assign the portfolios of the Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs to Arun Jaitley.