Here are the weekly current affairs from 10th Feb to 16th Feb 2019. These are important for all latest govt exams.
Que. The Ministry of Environment launched a three-year Asiatic Lion Conservation Project in collaboration with the state of __________
* The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) allocated Rs 59 crores, which will focus on better management of the lion habitat, disease control and veterinary care for them.
Que. Who has Inaugurated The 13th International Oil and Gas Conference – PETROTECH – 2019 in Greater Noida?
Ans. Dharmendra Pradhan
* Over 95 Energy Ministers from partner countries are expected to participate in the three day Conference.
* The theme of the conference is ‘Collaborating For Sustainable and Secure Energy Access for all’.
Que. Mega Food Park foundation stone laid in Mathura by ___________
Ans. Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal
* At Chhata-Barsana road in Mathura.
* The Park will provide direct and indirect employment to five thousand persons and benefit about 25,000 farmers.
Que. An MoU was signed between Engineers India Limited (EIL) and Mongolia for Project Management Consultancy for oil refinery in which event?
Ans. PETROTECH-2019 event at Greater Noida, UP.
* The MoU is for Project Management Consultancy services for construction of an oil refinery plant in Mongolia by EIL.
Que. Governor Lalji Tandon and Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh jointly inaugurated the three-day Krishi Kumbh
Ans. In Motihari, Bihar
* Over fifteen thousand farmers from different states and about two hundred agricultural scientists are participating in the Kumbh.
* The objective of Krishi Kumbh is to promote modern techniques and diversification in agriculture that could help in doubling farmers income.
Que. The 1st Annual Conference of Media Units working under I&B Ministry was organized at ______
Ans. Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi
* Union Minister of State (IC) for Information & Broadcasting and Youth Affairs & Sports Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore chaired the Conference.
* The focus of the Conference was on ensuring synergy between the Media Units in their day to day functioning.
Que. 1st LAWASIA Human Rights Conference 2019 Held In __________
Ans. New Delhi, with a motive to explore a broad range of human rights issues in the Asia Pacific region.
* The theme of the conference was “State Power, Business and Human Rights: Contemporary Challenges”.
* President of LAWASIA: Mr. Christopher Leong, President Bar Association of India: Dr. Lalit Bhasin.
Que. Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the CREDAI YouthCon -19 in __________
Ans. Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi
* The event is organized by the Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Association of India, CREDAI.
* The theme for this YouthCon is ‘Next Generation’.
Que. The 5th International Dam Safety Conference–2019 is being held in ________ as a joint initiative of the Government of India, Government of Odisha and the World Bank under aegis of the ongoing World Bank assisted Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP) as a part of institutional strengthening.
* Globally India ranks 3rd after China and the USA in terms of the number of large dams with 5264 large dams in operation and 437 large dams under construction.
Que. The two-day National Conference on Unani Medicine Concluded in ____________
Ans. New Delhi
* that integration and synergy of all medical systems is the need of the hour to address the health challenges we are facing today.
* The conference was inaugurated by Dr. Najma Heptulla, Governor of Manipur. The conference witnessed the exchange of MoU for scientific collaboration in Unani Medicine between the CCRUM and Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi.
*Shripad Yesso Naik is the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH).
Que. India’s 1st Aqua Mega Food Park Commissioned in _______
Ans. Bhimavaram Mandal, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh
* by Union Minister of Food Processing Industries – Harsimrat Kaur Badal
Que. Indian Army Carried Out The Annual Exercise Named ________________
Ans. ‘Exercise Topchi’
Que. India Withdraws Most Favoured Nation Status from which country?
* Because of the attack in Jammu & Kashmir’s Pulwama that left 44 CRPF personnel dead
Que. Bihar Chief Minister, Nitish Kumar announced a Universal Old Age Pension scheme, named as ______________
Ans. Mukhya Mantri Vriddha Pension Yojana (MMVPY)
* Irrespective for all caste, community, religion, except for those who are retired from government organizations.
* The scheme facilitates the amount of Rs. 400 monthly pension for all in the state above the age of 60 who are not getting a pension from the government. The Chief Minister also announced a pension of 6,000 rupees for journalists above 60 years of age.
Que. India and the United States held India-U.S. Commercial Dialogue and India-U.S. CEO Forum in _________
Ans. New Delhi
* Suresh Prabhu, Union Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, chaired the meeting.
Que. Who Inaugurated India’s First Agromet Forecast Centre at University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS) in Dharwad, Karnataka
Ans. Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences, Environment, Forest and Climate Change
* Main objective of the centre is to give accurate reports on the weather which would enable the farmers to protect the crops and get a good yield.
* Karnataka CM: H. D. Kumaraswamy, Governor: Vajubhai Vala.
Que. Book “Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India” is written by _________
Ans. Former Finance Minister P Chidambaram
Que. Least Available Depth Information System (LADIS) Portal For Real Time Information is launched by ___________
Ans. Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI)
* For real-time data on available depth on stretches of National Waterways.
* It will ensure real-time data on ship and cargo owners on which they can undertake transportation on National Waterways (NW) in a more planned way. It is a step towards ensuring optimum use of National Waterways.
Que. INS Trikand, the frontline warship of the Indian Navy, participated in a multi-national training exercise named as __________
Ans. ‘CUTCLASS EXPRESS 2019’
* The annual Exercise Cutlass Express is sponsored by U.S. Africa Command (USAFRICOM) and conducted by Naval Forces Africa (NAVAF).
* It is the eighth iteration of the annual multinational maritime exercise
Que. Which language is Included as 3rd Official Court Language in Abu Dhabi?
* As the third official language used in its courts, alongside Arabic and English.
* Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
Que. The 5-day multinational maritime exercise ‘AMAN-19’ in which 46 nations participated from all over the world was formally commenced In
Ans. Karachi, Pakistan Navy Dockyard, with a colorful flag hoisting ceremony.
Que. The 7th session of the World Government Summit held in___________
Ans. Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
* More than 4,000 people from 140 countries participated in the event.
*The main objective of the summit is to shape the future generation of governments, by bringing the public and private sectors together to collaborate with world-renowned experts, it seeks to help create a positive impact for citizens worldwide.
Que. The country, formerly known as the Republic of Macedonia officially changed its name to ___________
Ans. The Republic of North Macedonia
* North Macedonia Capital: Skopje, Currency: Macedonian Denar.
Que. 5th India-Bangladesh Joint Consultative Committee Meeting Held In _________
Ans. New Delhi
* Last Joint Consultative Committee Meeting between the two countries was held in October 2017 at Dhaka
Que. Which Bank Wins The Aegis Graham Bell Award 2018 in ‘Innovation in Data Science’ category for their industry-first project ‘Yes EEE (Engage Enrich Excel)’ at Panaji, Goa
Ans. Yes Bank
Que. Who won the top prize at the 72nd edition of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) awards?
Ans. Netflix drama ‘Roma’
Que. Who will be given the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television?
Ans. Indo-Canadian filmmaker Deepa Mehta.
* Mehta is best known for her Elements Trilogy – ‘Fire’, ‘Earth’ and ‘Water’.
* The Canadian Screen Awards are awards given annually by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television recognizing excellence in Canadian film, English-language television, and digital media productions.
Que. The 61st Annual Grammy Awards ceremony was held at ___________
Ans. Staples Center in Los Angeles
Que. Who has won Israel’s prestigious Dan David Prize 2019
Ans. Indian historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam
* He won Israel’s prestigious USD 1 million dollar award in the category of ”Past Time Dimension” for his work in macro-history.
Que. Who has been awarded the ‘Oscat’ by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for ‘A Star Is Born’
Ans. Bradley Cooper
Que. Who has been awarded the EY Entrepreneur of the Year for 2018?
Ans. Siddhartha Lal, managing director, and chief executive officer, Eicher Motors.
* Lal will now represent India at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) in Monte Carlo from 6 – 8 June 2019.
1. Lifetime Achievement Award: Azim Premji, Chairman of Wipro.
2. Start-up: Byju Raveendran, Founder, and Chief Executive Officer Think & Learn (BYJU’S).
Que. Who has been Appointed as India’s Ambassador to Bhutan
Ans. Ruchira Kamboj
* She is serving as the High Commissioner of India to South Africa since 2017.
Que. Who has been Elected As the Chairman of the African Union at the continental body’s summit in Ethiopia?
Ans. Egypt’s President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi
Que. Who has been Appointed As the Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) by Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC)?
Ans. Pramod Chandra Mody, Senior IRS officer
* He will succeed Sushil Chandra, who was recently appointed Election Commissioner.
Que. President Ram Nath Kovind appointed ___________ as an Election Commissioner
Ans. Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Chairman Sushil Chandra
Que. Who have Clinched Chennai Open ATP Challenger Title
Ans. Corentin Moutet
* Chennai Open ATP Challenger Title is related to tennis
Que. Who has been Appointed As Assistant Coach Of Australia For 2019 World Cup
Ans. Ricky Ponting
* The main coach for the Australian Cricket team is Justin Langer.
* The current batting coach for the team is Graeme Hicks.
Que. Who Becomes The First Female Driver To Win MRF Challenge Title?
Ans. Jamie Chadwick from England, 20-year-old.
* In August, Chadwick became the first woman to win a British F3 race.
Que. The 83rd edition of Senior National Badminton Championships has begun in _______
* Defending champion Saina Nehwal and last edition’s runner-up PV Sindhu will be the biggest attractions in Women’s Singles.
Que. Who will host the 2022 National Games?
* The Sports and Youth Ministry in the meeting of Executive Committee of the National Games 2022 has chosen the Smiling Clouded Leopard to be the Mascot for the National Games 2022
* Meghalaya Capital: Shillong, Chief Minister: Conrad Sangma, Governor: Tathagata Roy.
Que. International Day Of Women And Girls in Science?
Ans. 11 February
* To recognize the critical role women and girls play in science and technology.
* It was first celebrated on 2016. The idea behind this day is to ensure equal participation and involvement of women and girls in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Que. On which World Radio Day is celebrated by UNESCO all over the world?
Ans. 13 February
* The theme of WRD 2019 is “Dialogue, Tolerance, and Peace”.
Summits and Conferences
Que. World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2019, the flagship event of ‘The Energy and Resources Institute’ (TERI), was inaugurated by Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at _______
Ans. Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
* The theme was ‘Attaining the 2030 Agenda: delivering on our promise’.
* Frank Bainimarama, Prime Minister of Fiji was honored with the Sustainable Development Leadership Award 2019 for his outstanding contributions towards sustainable development in Fiji.
Que. Early Ed Asia 2019 Held at _______
Ans. The City Palace in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
* The motto of the event was ‘Our Children. Our Future’.
* Rajasthan Capital: Jaipur, Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot, Governor: Kalyan Singh.
Science and Technology
Que. Who has Launched SPHEREx Mission To Investigate Universe?
* Announced a new space telescope mission dedicated to understanding the origins of life and the universe. The space agency is aiming for a 2023 launch.
* Once SPHEREx is in orbit, it will observe and collect data on over 300 million galaxies, some as far as 10 billion light-years away from Earth, and 100 million stars in our own Milky Way every six months.