Here is the GK update of 31st Jan-2nd Feb 2019 in MCQs format. These are important for the upcoming all Govt Exam like RRBJE, SSCJE, SSCCGL, State & Centre Level Exam etc.
Q.1) Government Renames Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has been renamed as ______
Ans. Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade,
* Deal with matters related to start-ups, facilitating ease of doing business among others
* Comes Under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Q.2) Punjab Government Approves a rural development scheme worth Rs 384.40 crore named as ____
Ans. ‘Smart Village Campaign’ the scheme will be financed from the 14th Financial Commission and MGNREGA works for funds.
Q.3) Who has approved Indigenous Construction of 6 Submarines Worth 40 thousand crore rupees?
Ans. Defence Acquisitions Council, DAC chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
Q.4) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has Launched ______ for small and marginal farmers
Ans. Kisan Suvidha Loan
* It provides loans to individuals with an amount ranging from Rs. 60000 to Rs. 2 Lakh to fulfill the customized needs of the mass market segment.
* Headquarters: Bengaluru, MD & CEO: Samith Ghosh.
Q.5) 3 Public Sector Banks- Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra and Oriental Bank of Commerce Freed From _______
Ans. PCA Framework
*The government had announced a capital infusion of Rs 10,000 crore for Bank of India, Rs 5,500 crore for Oriental Bank of Commerce and Rs 4,500 crore for Bank of Maharashtra, which helped the banks coming out of the framework.
Q.6) Who was the ex-director of IIMC, who was also the member of the Planning Commission in the Rajiv Gandhi government and had also served as director of the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) and chairman of Hindustan Steel
Ans. Hiten Bhaya passed away in Delhi. Bhaya was 98.
Q.7) Who has been appointed as The Ambassador of India To The Republic Of Colombia by Ministry of External Affairs
Ans. Sanjiv Ranjan
* The current Ambassador to Argentina
* 1993 batch Indian Foreign Service officer
Q.8) Pralay Mondal Resigns from the post of ______
Ans. President, Yes Bank Senior Group
* Joined Yes Bank in 2012
* bank recently named Ravneet Gill as its new MD and CEO
Q.9) On whose recommendation a committee is formed under the Central Electricity Authority (CEA) to explore prepaid payments by state electricity distribution companies to power plants
Ans. PK Sinha, Cabinet Secretary
* Consist of Chairman of distribution companies of Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra, Union power ministry representatives & power associations
Q.10) India’s Unemployment Rate Hit 4 Decade High Of 6.1% In 2017-18: NSSO
Ans. As per the National Sample Survey Office’s (NSSO’s) periodic labor force survey (PLFS) India’s unemployment rate hit a 45 year high of 6.1% in 2017-18. It is the first comprehensive survey on employment conducted by a government agency after demonetization.
Q.11) Unemployment is higher in urban areas which are ________ as compared to _________ in rural areas of the country. The unemployment rate is at its highest level as in 1972-73. The rate of jobless rural males rose to 17.4% from 5% and among rural jobless females, the rate became 13.6% from 4.8%.
Ans) 7.8% , 5.3%
Q.1) Who Announced 2019 as The International Year Of The Periodic Table to highlight its first publication in 1869?
Ans) The United Nations
*The periodic table was first designed by “Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev” – the Russian scientist.
* 2019 marks the 150th anniversary of the first publication of the Mendeleev’s periodic table.
Q.2) When is World Wetlands Day celebrated?
Ans) February 2
* Raise global awareness on the value of wetlands for humanity and the planet
* ‘Wetlands and Climate Change’ is the Theme of World Wetlands Day 2019
Q.1) Who has become the First Woman cricketer To Play 200 ODIs
Ans) India captain Mithali Raj, highest run-getter in ODIs with 6622 runs
Q.2) Who has defeated four-time champions Japan to win their First-Ever Asian Cup Title In Football?
* Qatar forward Almoez Ali broke the record of most goals in a single Asian Cup after netting his ninth goal.
Q.3) Which South Korean Footballer has Announced Retirement from the South Korean national team after the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia?
Ans) Ki Sung-yueng
Q.4) Who Becomes the First Indian To Grab Australian Ladies PGA Tour (LPGA) Card?
Ans) Golfer Vani Kapoor
Q.5) How many players earned the card for LPGA.
Ans) Top-20, out of 81 players participated in the Qualifying tournament
Q.6) Which team won the Kochi Area Pulling Regatta trophy 2019 of the Southern Naval Command (SNC)?
Ans) The INS Dronacharya
* The Boat Pulling Regatta is one of the most prestigious and traditional naval sporting activities conducted by the Navy.
*Chief of Naval Saff – Admiral Sunil Lanba
*4th December is celebrated as Navy Day in India