Here is the GK update of 26th-30th January 2019 in MCQs format. These are important for the upcoming all Govt Exam like RRBJE, SSCJE, SSCCGL, State & Centre Level Exam etc.
- What is the name of India’s fastest indigenous train which will run from Delhi to Varanasi? Whose previous name was “Train 18”?
Ans. Vande Bharat Express, built by the Integral Coach Factory in the Chennai. The first locomotive-less train of India.
[Who is the present Railways Minister of India?
Ans. Piyush Goyal
After the Independent India, Who was the 1st Railway Minister?
Ans. John Mathai]
- What was the name of Oscar-winning French composer, who has passed away recently?
Ans. Michel Legrand (won three Oscars for the song “The Windmills of your Mind” in 1969, “Summer of 42” in 1972 and “Yentl” in 1984.) was 86 years old when he passed away.
- In what occasion Assam Rifles Creates History By Showcasing “Nari Shakti”.
Ans. Republic Day (26th January) parade.
*Capt Shikha Surabhi – The first women to perform bike stunts from the Corps of Signals
*Lt. Bhavana Kasturi – The first lady to lead a contingent of the Indian Army Service Corps
*Capt Bhavna Syal – Led the transportable satellite terminal’s contingent.
- Who Dedicates Kochi Refinery Project to Nation
Ans. Prime Minister – Narendra Modi, an IOCL LPG Bottling Plant in Kochi, Kerala.
*Prime Minister, Narendra Modi also laid a foundation stone for Petrochemical Complex, Skill Development Institute at Ettumanoor, AIIMS in Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
- To Help Visually Impaired to recognize INR currency notes, First Android App Developed by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar called as
Ans. Roshni, An Android App launched in Chandigarh
- An App launched by Ministry of Defence on Republic Day, for presenting the highlights of the Republic Day event.
Ans. ‘RDP INDIA 2019′ App
*Contains information about the Parade on Rajpath, New Delhi, Order of the March, details of the tableaux presented by different States and Ministries, children cultural programmes, fly past and Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2019 awardees, etc.
- IRDAI(Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India) Sets Panel Headed By ____ to Identify domestically systematically important insurers (SIIs)
[Ans. Praveen Kutumbe, Member- Finance and Investment, IRDAI
Who is the Chairperson of IRDAI? Where is the Headquarter?
Ans. Subhash Chandra Khuntia, Headquarter- Hyderabad.]
- ____ is the Oxford Dictionary’s Hindi Word of the year 2018
Ans. “Nari Shakti”
- Who announced the “Yuva Swabhiman Yojana” Scheme for Urban Youth by Madya Pradesh?
Ans. Kamal Nath – Chief Minister, Madhya Pradesh
*100 days of employment, skill training will be provided to youths from economically weaker sections in urban areas.
- Which state government has floated a ‘Pravasi Dividend Pension Scheme’? who has announced it?
Ans. Kerala, Governor – P. Sathasivam
*To provide regular pension to Non-Resident Keralites on a one-time payment of Rs 5 lakh.
*Non-resident Keralite can invest an amount ranging from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 50 lakh, as a whole or as 6 installments paid within 3 years. Each beneficiary will be entitled to receive pensions ranging from Rs 5,000-50,000 every month, after 3 years when the total amount is deposited, at a dividend rate of 12%.
- India’s position in Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Readiness Index according to CISCO-
- Who has tied up with Etihad Guest To Launch Premium Card travel-specific Visa credit card for members and Indian travelers For International Travel
Ans. SBI Card, The card will be available in two variants: Etihad Guest SBI Card and Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card
- Recently, Which construction of expressway approved by UP Government to be longest six-lane connectivity in the world between Prayagraj and Western Utter Pradesh in future?
Ans) Ganga Expressway ( 600 kilometers)
- How many Oscar’s has been won by French Composer late Michel Legrand
Ans. Three Oscars, 1st Oscar was in 1969 for the song ‘The Windmills of Your Mind’ from the film ‘The Thomas Crown Affair’.
- On what occasion National Salt Satyagraha Memorial Inaugurated At Dandi?
Ans. 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
- How much money RBI is going to purchase of government securities under Open Market Operations (OMOs) In February 2019?
Ans. Rs 37,500 Crore
- Who is RBI 25th Governor? And where is its Headquarters?.
Ans. Shaktikant Das, Mumbai, Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
- In which state, K.J. Alphons, Union Minister for Tourism has inaugurated the First Swadesh Darshan Project Inaugurated?
*Swadesh Darshan Scheme is one of the flagship scheme of Ministry of tourism for development of thematic circuits in the country in a planned manner.
- Name the 3 New Committees notified by Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation EPFO’s Central Board of Trustees
Ans. Investment and Audit Committee (FIAC), the Pension and EDLI Implementation Committee (PEIC) and the Exempted Establishments’ Committee (EEC).
- Who Launches National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP) to attract talent and strengthen higher agricultural education in the country.
Ans. Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- Who is Appointed as the part-time chairman of Federal Bank
Ans. Dilip Sadarangani
*Federal Bank Headquarter: Aluva, Kerala
*MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
*Tagline: Your perfect banking partner.
- What is the India Ranking In ‘Bloomberg Innovation Index’ (2019 list of most innovative countries in the world) Of 60 Economies?
Ans. 54th, for the first time ever with a score of 47.93 out of 100
* South Korea has topped the chart for the 6th time in a row with a total score of 87.38, followed by Germany and Finland.
- What is the Global Corruption Index Rank of India?
Ans. 78, China at 87 & Pakistan ranked 117.
- Ministry Of Textiles Launched ‘Artisan Speak’ at Elephanta Caves (UNESCO heritage site) to strengthen ______
Ans. the handlooms and textiles sector of India.
- Who Announces Agreement With Indian Navy and Cochin Shipyard for providing Naval Medium Range Surface-to-Air Missile (MRSAM) systems to India.
Ans. Israel Aerospace Industries(IAI)
- Which state Launched Special Scheme To Curb Infant Deaths
Ans. Maharashtra, the scheme is applicable only for the first child and will benefit around four lakh women across the state.
- Who is the current Maharastra Child Development Minister?
Ans. Pankaja Munde
- Scientists Develop Artificial Pancreas Smartphone App For ______
- Civil Aviation Ministry Launched the country’s first Geographical Indication (GI) store at ____ to promote local products made by the artisans and handicrafts at the airport
Ans. Dabolim International Airport, Goa
- Who is Union Minister for Civil Aviation
Ans. Suresh Prabhu stated
- Who is appointed as Director General of NCC (DGNCC).
Ans. LT Gen Rajeev Chopra
- National Drink Of Pakistan is-
- Which International Airport Retains Top Position As World’s Busiest Airport
Ans. Dubai International Airport (DXB), for the fifth consecutive year, overtook the crown from London’s Heathrow in 2014.
- Which countries, Launch Africa Centre For Climate And Sustainable Development
Ans. Italy, UN
- Where is the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Headquarters and who is the director general?
Ans.Rome, Italy, Director General- Jose Graziano da Silva.
- The central banks of the UAE, Saudi Central Banks Launch Common Digital Currency Called _____
- World Leprosy Eradication Day?
Ans. 30th January
- Where was Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards 2019?
Ans. Shrine Auditorium in LA
*”Black Panther” – the best performance by a cast in a motion picture
*“This Is Us” – the ensemble award for drama
*“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” – the comedy prize. The award ceremony was held at the Shrine Auditorium in LA.
*”Rami Malek” – “Bohemian Rhapsody”
*”Glenn Close” – “The Wife.”
- Who won the Assam Republic Day Journalism Award
Ans. D N(Dhirendra Nath) Chakraborty, journalist and former editor
- Bharat Ratna Awarded to whom in 2019
Ans. 1. Pranab Mukherjee
2. Bhupen Hazarika (Posthumously)
3. Nanaji Deshmukh (Posthumously)
*The Bharat Ratna is the highest civilian award of the Republic of India. Instituted in 1954, the award is conferred “in recognition of exceptional service/performance of the highest order”, without distinction of race, occupation, position, or sex.
- How many awardees are in the list for Padma Awards 2019
Ans. 4 Padma Vibhushan, 14 Padma Bhushan and 94 Padma Shri Awards. 21 of the awardees are women and the list also includes 11 persons from the category of foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI, 3 posthumous awardees, and 1 transgender person.
- Who won the men’s singles title in Indonesia Masters Title 2019?
Ans. Anders Antonsen
- Who won the women’s singles title in Indonesia Masters Title 2019?
Ans. Saina Nehwal
*A badminton tournament that takes place at the Istora Gelora Bung Karno in Indonesia and has a total purse of $350,000.
- Who won the Men’s Singles event in Australian Open 2019?
Ans. Novak Djokovic, Serbia
- Who won the Women’s Singles event in Australian Open 2019?
Ans. Naomi Osaka, Japan
- Which west-indies player ranked 1st Test All-Rounder after Gary Sobers in the International Cricket Council Test Player Rankings
Ans. Jason Holder
- Who has won the Round-the-World Sailing Race
Ans. Jean-Luc Van Den Heede, after 212 days alone at sea without modern instruments.
* The 73-year-old, who completed his sixth circumnavigation of the globe, became the oldest to complete the 30,000-mile Golden Globe race. Of the 19 sailors who started out in July 2018, only 5 were still in the race.