CEL Recruitment through GATE 2019 – Central Electronics Limited (CEL), a Public Sector Undertaking will recruit graduates in Electronics & Communication, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their GATE 2019 scores. The recruitment in CEL through GATE will be for 2 years and can be extended for 1 year depending on the candidate’s performance. During the contractual period, exceptionally performing candidates may be absorbed on a regular basis.
Note: GATE 2019 was conducted on February 2, 3, 9 & 10. The application form of GATE 2019 was available for candidates from August 31 to October 1, 2018 (with late fee).
|Availability of application form for CEL Recruitment 2019||March 17, 2019|
|Last Date to submit CEL Application Form||April 16, 2019|
|The start date for uploading GATE scores and final year marks||2nd week of June 2019|
|Last date for uploading GATE scores and final year marks||4th week of June 2019|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
Note: Interested Candidates Can Read the Full Notification Before Apply Online
Pay Scale & Emoluments
- First Year Emoluments (Fixed): ₹ 28,000 per month
- In case of extension of the contract, Second-year Emoluments (Fixed): ₹ 30,000 per month.
- On exemplary performance, If considered for absorption in regular cadre in CEL: Grade E-2 i.e. 40000-140000
- CTC at initial pay in the scale at present: ₹ 8.35 Lakhs p.a
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline with at least 65% marks.
- Candidates who are in final year or semester are also eligible for recruitment in CEL with the above condition
- Eligible Candidates need to appear in GATE 2019 because they will be shortlisted on the basis of their GATE scores.
Age Limit as on 30 September 2019
- Candidates should be less than or equal to 27 years.
- For SC/ ST candidates, the upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years
- For OBC (Non-Creamy Layer), the upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years
- For PwD–General, the upper age limit is relaxable by 10 years
- For PWD-SC/ ST candidates, the upper age limit is relaxable by 15 years
Disciplines Required along GATE Paper Code
|S.No.||Disciplines||GATE Paper Code|
|1.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC|
How to apply for CEL?
There are two phases through which candidates can apply for CEL recruitment.
- 1st Phase: Candidates need to apply online for CEL recruitment with their GATE registration number.
- 2nd Phase: Candidates will be required to upload their GATE related details like scores, rank & scorecard along with the final year aggregate marks within the stipulated time period.
Note: The second phase will be open after the announcement of the GATE 2019 result which is March 15, 2019.
The 1st phase of application – The first phase of recruitment for CEL involves two steps.
Step 1 – Registration: Candidates need to register by providing the following details:
- Father’s Name/ Husband’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- GATE 2019 Registration No. (i.e. EC….xxxxxx)
- Ex-Serviceman (if applicable)
- Physical Disability (if applicable)
- Date of Birth(yyyy-mm-dd)
- Marital Status
- Email Id
- Mobile No. (10 Digit Only)
Step 2 – Filling of application form along with fee submission
- After registration, candidates will be sent the key code to their registered mobile numbers. Therefore, it is important to provide correct details during registration.
- Candidates will be sent the login and password via Email to fill the application form.
- Using the login and password received, candidates will have to enter the required details and pay the necessary application fee online. SC/ ST and PH candidates are exempted from fee payment.
The 2nd phase of application – Candidates will have to provide their GATE exam details.
- Candidates will have to log in and upload their GATE 2019 scores and rank.
- They also have to enter the final year aggregate marks of their graduation.
CEL Recruitment through GATE 2019 – Selection Procedure & Interview Process
Tentatively conducted in August 2019. It has following steps involved:
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their GATE 2019 scores and ranks.
- A list of shortlisted candidates will be announced along with the date, time and venue for their personal interviews.
- Candidates whose names will appear in the list will be required to bring all certificates in support of age, educational qualification, caste certificate and GATE 2019 scorecard in original at the time of interview.
- They are also required to bring one self-attested copy of all the certificates.
CEL Recruitment Previous Year Cutoff 2016
|1.||Electrical Engg.||General||From 95 to 921|
|SC||From 368 to 3372|
|OBC||From 54 to 1105|
|ST||From 1646 to 5680|
|2.||Mechanical Engg.||General||From 61 to 1712|
|OBC||From 12 to 1989|
|SC||From 1264 to 6618|
|ST||From 4939 to 14105|
|4.||E&C Engg.||General||From 35 to 4423|
|OBC||From 73 to 4900|
|OBC||From 2236 to 4900|
|SC||From 459 to 12484|
|ST||From 3950 to 28221|
|PH||From 1818 to 27466|